September 4, 2013
WhosOnTheBallot.org parnter National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) Educational Fund is seeking bilingual volunteers to help staff its NYC 800-VE-Y-VOTA hotline call center. From NALEO’s request:
NALEO Educational Fund is recruiting bilingual volunteers for the September 10th Municipal elections in New York City. Under the umbrella of the Election Protection Coalition and in partnership with the law firm Davis Polk & Wardwell, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law and LatinoJustice, we seek volunteers to staff the non-partisan and bilingual 1-888-VE-Y-VOTA Hotline. Volunteers will help to answer questions and assist voters as they head to the polls.
Volunteer Shift Times on Tuesday, September 10th include- 5:30 AM-9:30 AM, 9:30 AM-1:30 PM, 1:30 PM-5:30 PM, 5:30 PM-9:30 PM. You can do staggered as well as multiple shifts, i.e. stay for 2 consecutive shifts, or come in morning, leave for work/school and return in the evening, etc. Snacks and beverages will be provided on Sept 10th.
If you are interested in volunteering as a Hotline Volunteer, Please Click Here, to sign-up.
Summary of Details:
- Where: 1-888-VE-Y-VOTA will be hosted by Davis Polk & Wardwell located at 450 Lexington Ave, New York, NY (across the street from Grand Central Station)
- Date: Tuesday, September 10, 2013
- Volunteer Shift Times: 5:30 AM-9:30 AM, 9:30 AM-1:30 PM, 1:30 PM-5:30 PM, 5:30 PM-9:30 PM
- Please Click Here to register to volunteer and to select your shift times
- Training Dates: One in-person trainings is scheduled on Monday, September 9th at 6 PM at the law offices Davis Polk & Wardwell located at 450 Lexington Ave. If you are unable to attend, we will make other arrangements to provide you with the training material.
If you are interested in being a dispatch field volunteer in one of the 5 boroughs please contact Ana Almanzar at firstname.lastname@example.org.