Who’s on the Ballot is a quick and easy to use website and mobile app that provides New York City citizens the location of polling places, information on candidates, sample ballots, and voter registration information. The project is based on the simple fact that the more informed we are, the more likely we are to participate in elections. Our mission is to provide voters with the tools they need to make an informed choice on Election Day.
Who’s on the Ballot is a not-for profit project of the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University.
- Ester Fuchs, Project Director
- Kevin Gully, Project Manager
- Nicholas Stabile, Advisor
Who’s on the Ballot is guided by an group of leaders in the non-profit, business, and city government communities. The following individuals comprise the project’s Advisory Committee:
- William von Mueffling, Advisory Committee Chair, President and Chief Investment Office, Cantillon Capital Management
- Ester Fuchs, Project Director and Professor, International and Public Affairs and Political Science, Columbia University
- Ruth Altman, Co-President, League of Women Voters of New York City
- Richard Briffault, Joseph P. Chamberlain Professor of Legislation, Columbia Law School
- Adem Bunkeddeko, Executive Director, Coro New York Leadership Center
- Jose Calderon, President, Hispanic Federation
- Steve Choi, Executive Director, New York Immigration Coalition
- Cynthia Dames, The NEW Pride Agenda, Inc.
- Pat Dugan, Founder, Charity Navigator
- Betsy Gotbaum, Executive Director, Citizens Union
- Catherine Gray, Co-President, League of Women Voters of New York City
- Andrew Gundlach, Director, Arnhold and S. Bleichroeder Holdings
- Blair Horner, New York Public Interest Research Group (NYPIRG)
- Michelle Jackson, Acting Executive Director, Human Services Council
- Harrison LeFrak, Vice Chairman, LeFrak Organization
- Susan Lerner, Executive Director, Common Cause
- Amy Loprest, Executive Director, NYC Campaign Finance Board
- Jarrett Murphy, Executive Editor and Publisher, City Limits
- Lisette Nieves, President, The Fund for the City of New York
- Arva Rice, President and CEO, New York Urban League
- Dawn Sandow, Deputy Executive Director, Board of Elections in the City of New York
- Robert Y. Shapiro, Professor, Political Science Department, Columbia University
- Susan Stamler, Executive Director, United Neighborhood Houses
- Kathryn Wylde, President & CEO, Partnership for New York City
- Kathryn Yatrakis, Faculty Advisor, Office of the President, Columbia University
Who’s on the Ballot collects no personal data from users. The site does not store address or party information entered by users. Party information is only used in primary elections to determine which ballot is presented to users.