June 10, 2013
There is a full slate of Candidate Forums scheduled this week:
- Tuesday, June 11 at 5:30 p.m.: A coalition of education advocacy organizations are hosting a Mayoral Forum on Families for Excellent Schools at the Salvation Army at 120 West 114th St. in Manhattan.
- Wednesday, June 12 at 6:30 p.m.: The Hostos Community College, Hispanic Federation, El Diario/La Prensa, and Telemundo are hosting Mayoral Candidate forum on Latino Community Issues at Hostos Community College, 450 Grand Concourse @ E. 149th Street in the Bronx. RSCP by calling 866-432-9832 or emailing email@example.com.
- Thursday, June 13 at 6:00 p.m.: The National Latino Officers Association and The Grand Council of Guardians, Inc. is hosting a Meet the Candidates Event at the Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Harlem State Office Building at 163 West 125th Street, New York, NY 10027 in the 2nd Floor Art Gallery.
- Thursday, June 13 at 7:30 p.m.: Democratic Leadership for the 21st Century (DL21C) is hosting a Manhattan Borough President Town Hall at Parlour Lounge Downtown (247 W 30th Street, between 7th and 8th Ave.)
- Friday, June 14 at 6:00 p.m.: A NYC Parents and coalition of educational advocacy organizations is hosting NYC Parents Mayoral Forum on Education. The forum will be held at Murry Bergtraum High School at 411 Pearl Street in Manhattan. RSVP online at http://www.parentsmayoralforum.eventbrite.com/ or call 212.601.1959.
Candidate Forums scheduled for upcoming weeks include:
- Monday, June 17 at 6:30 p.m.: Coalition for Queens is hosting a Mayoral Candidates Forum on Tech Policy. The forum will be held at the Museum of the Moving Image at 36-01 51th Avenue in Queens.
- Wednesday, June 19 at 8:00 p.m.: Police Reform Organizing Project (PROP), Community Service Society, New York Urban League, Brotherhood-Sister Sol, The Nation, New York Society For Ethical Culture and the Schomburg Center are hosting a Mayoral Forum on Policing and Criminal Justice at the Schomburg Center at 515 Malcolm X Blvd. For more information, contact PROP at 646.602.5625 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, July 17 at 6:00 p.m.: Several of the city’s leading food systems and anti-hunger organizations and institutions are hosting a Mayoral Candidate Forum on The Future of Food in New York City. RSVP is required. The forum will be held at the Tishman Auditorium at The New School, 66 W 12th St. in Manhattan.