August 8, 2013
There are a number of candidate forums scheduled in the upcoming weeks:
- Tuesday, August 6 at 10:00 a.m.: AARP, Hispanic Federation, Asian American Federation, NAACP, NALEO are hosting a Mayoral Town Hall on key issues for the 50+ multicultural population. The forum will be held at Hunter College Assembly Hall (in the north building) at East 69th st between Park Ave. and Lexington Ave.
- Tuesday, August 6 at 6:30 p.m.: The Food Bank for New York City is hosting a New York City Council District 27 Candidate Forum. The event will be held at Resurrection Lutheran Church at 189-20 114th Road in Queens. Register here.
- Thursday, August 15 at 6:30 p.m.: The Food Bank for New York City and New York Common Pantry are hosting a Manhattan Borough President Candidate Forum. The event will take place at New York Common Pantry located on 8 East 109th Street, New York, NY 10029. Register here.
- Monday, August 19 at 6:30 p.m.: The Food Bank for New York City and Jewish Community Center of Staten Island are hosting a New York City Council District 50 Candidate Forum. The event will be held at the Jewish Community Center of Staten Island, 1466 Manor Road, Staten Island, NY 10314. Register here.
- Tuesday, August 27 at 6:00 p.m.: East Harlem Preservation, Inc. and the Hunter College School of Social Work are hosting a District 8 City Council Candidate Forum on Affordable Housing. You must print a ticket in order to be admitted. RSVP here.