May 20, 2013
Candidate Forums this Week (May 19 – 25)
There are a number of Candidate Forums being held this week:
- Monday, May 20th at 6:00 p.m.: The Coalition for Asian American Children and Families (CAACF) in conjunction with a number of other organizations is hosting Growing Numbers, Growing Impact: Mayoral Candidates Forum on Asian Pacific Americans. Register here.
- Wednesday, May 22 at 7:00 p.m. Vaughn College will host a Queens Borough President Candidate Forum at Vaughn College / Hangar, 86-01 23rd Ave., Flushing, NY 11369. For more information, contact Neil Gouveia at 718.429.6600 ext. 112.
Additional forums to be held in the coming weeks include:
- Tuesday, May 28 at 3:30 p.m.: New Yorkers for Great Public Schools is hosting The First Mayoral Candidate Debate at The NYU Kimmel Center, 60 Washington Square Park South, 10th Floor, Rosenthal Pavillion.
- Thursday, May 30 at 5:30 p.m.: North of 96th Street Public Health Coalition is hosting a Mayoral Forum on Public Health at CUNY School of Public Health, 2180 Third Avenue (at 119th Street, entrance on 3rd), Second Floor Auditorium.
- Tuesday, June 4 at 6:30 p.m.: The Union Settlement Association, STRIVE, Hope Community, and AARP New York are hosting the East Harlem Mayoral Forum at El Museo del Bario, 1230 Fifth Avenue (at East 104th St.). Errol Lewis from NY1 will be moderating a discussion of issues of concern to low-income communities. Online reservations can be made here.
- Thursday, June 6 at 6:30 p.m.: The Coalition for Queens is hosting a Queens Borough President Candidate Tech Forum at the Museum of the Moving Image, 36-01 35th Avenue, Queens Village, New York.