October 14, 2013
There are a number of Candidate Forums scheduled for the coming week:
- Tuesday, October 15 at 6:30 p.m.: New York State Women Inc. Staten Island will host Candidate Forum on women’s issues, according to SI Live. Dinner is included in the event, at $30.
- Tuesday, October 15 at 7:00 p.m.: ABC7, Noticias Univision 41, NY Daily News, and the NYC League of Women Voters are cosponsoring a Mayoral Candidate debate, the first to feature both the Republican and Democratic nominees.
- Wednesday, October 16 at 7:30 p.m.: The New York League of Conservation Voters Education Fund, Protectors of Pine Oak Woods, the Westerleigh Improvement Society, Grasmere Civic Association, Grant City Civic Association and the Natural Resources Protective Association are sponsoring a Staten Island District 50 City Council Candidate Forum on Sustainability. Jewish Community Center of Staten Island, 1466 Manor Road. RSVP here.
- Thursday, October 17 at 7:00 pm: The Chelsea Reform Democratic Club is hosting a debate on the Casino Gambling Ballot Proposal. Assemblyman Gary Pretlow, author of the bill to expand casino gambling in New York State, and Dave Colavito, a member of the Coalition Against Gambling in New York will participate. The forum will be held at the Chelsea Elliott Center 441 West 26th Street. (Hat tip to Gotham Gazette.)
Forums and debates scheduled in later weeks include:
- Tuesday, October 22 at 7:00 p.m.: CUNY Graduate Center is hosting the first Official Mayoral Canidate Debate. The debate will be broadcast on CBS 2 News, WCBS Newsradio 880, 1010 WINS, WLNY-TV 10/55; El Diario/La Prensa; Itv Gold; TKC; Sino TV; 1380; RTN.
- Tuesday, October 22 at 7:30 p.m.: Bay Ridge Community Council is sponsoring the “Great Bay Ridge Debate.” The event will be held at Holy Angels Academy/OLA, at 337 74th Street in Bay Ridge and will feature the Republican/Conservative and Democratic candidates for Borough President, City Council, and Comptroller. Attendees are expected to include Eric Adams, Elias Weir, Vinnie Gentile, Patrick Dwyer, John Quaglione, Scott Stringer, and John Burnett.
- Thursday, October 24 at 7:00 p.m.: The leading Comptroller candidates will have their second official debate, location TBD. The debate will be brodacast on CBS 2 News, WCBS Newsradio 880, WLNY-TV 10/55, El Diario/La Prensa, Itv Gold, Sino TV, and 1380.
- Tuesday, October 29 at 7:00 p.m.: WNBC Studios is hosting the second leading Mayoral Candidate debate. The debate will be broadcast on NBC 4 New York, WOR Radio, Telemundo Nueva York, Radio Soleil, and New Tang Dynasty.