August 21, 2013
There are a number of Candidate Forums being held this week:
- Monday, August 19 at 6:30 p.m.: The Food Bank for New York City and Jewish Community Center of Staten Island are hosting a New York City Council District 50 Candidate Forum. The event will be held at the Jewish Community Center of Staten Island, 1466 Manor Road, Staten Island, NY 10314. Register here.
- Monday, August 19 at 7:00 p.m.: Transit Forward, River Bay Corporation, and Co-op City Democratic Club are hosting a Mayoral Candidate Forum on Transit Issues at Co-op City Dreiser Loop. Six mayoral candidates have confirmed their attendance.
- Monday, August 19 at 7:00 p.m.: The Bayside Historical Society, New York League of Conservation Voters, and the Historic Districts Council are hosting a City Council District 19 Candidate Forum on conservation and preservation. The forum will be held at the Historical Society’s headquarters (“The Castle” on Fort Totten Park, 208 Totten Avenue in Bayside).
- Monday, August 19 at 9:00 p.m.: BronxTalk is hosting a Council District 17 Candidate Forum. BronxTalk can be seen live at 9:00pm on Monday nights on BronxNet’s channel 67 and Fios 33 and is streamed live www.Bronxnet.org.
- Tuesday, August 20 at 4:30 p.m.: The LGBTQ Community Services Center of the Bronx and NYC LGBTQS Chamber of Commerce are hosting Candidate Forum on LGBTQ issues. Candidates from the three city-wide races have been invited to the forum, as have candidates for the Bronx Borough President’s office, nine NYC Council districts (districts 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 22) and NYS Assembly District 86.
- Tuesday, August 20 at 6:30 p.m.: Turning Point, Transportation Alternatives, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Uprose are hosting a 38th Council District Candidate Forum. The event will be held at Trinity Lutheran Church located at 411 46th Street, Brooklyn.
- Wednesday, August 21 at 7:00 p.m.: The first official Democratic Candidates Mayoral Primary Debate will be held at Town Hall and aired on NY1 and WNYC. Reservations can be made here.
- Wednesday, August 21 at 7:00 p.m.: The New Kings Democrats and the Greenpoint Gazette are co-sponsoring City Council District 33 Candidate Debate. City Council District 33 includes Greenpoint, Williamsburg, Boerum Hill, Brooklyn Heights, Dumbo, and Gowanus. The event will be held at the The Polish & Slavic Center located at 176 Java Street in Brooklyn. More information can be found here.
- Thursday, August 22 at 6:00 p.m.: FIERCE NYC is hosting a 3rd City Council District Candidate Debate at St. Johns Lutheran Church at 83 Christopher Street. RSVP here.
- Thursday, August 22 at 7:00 p.m.: Second debate for Democratic Primary Comptroller candidates will be broadcast on CBS television, CBS news, and Newsradio 880 as well as a number of foreign language outlets.
- Sunday, August 25 at 11:30 a.m.: Democratic Candidates for Public Advocate will debate. The debate will be broadcast on NBC 4 New York, WOR Radio, Telemundo Nueva York, and Radio Soleil.
Candidate forums and debates to be held in later weeks include the following:
- Monday, August 26 at 6:30 p.m.: Flushing Town Hall and the Bayside Historical Society are hosting a Queens Borough President Candidate Forum. The event will take place at Flushing Town Hall, located at 137-35 Northern Blvd. RSVP RSVP by calling the historical society at 718-939-0647, ext. 17.
- Monday, August 26 at 9:00 p.m.: BronxTalk is hosting an Assembly District 86 Candidate Forum. BronxTalk can be seen live at 9:00pm on Monday nights on BronxNet’s channel 67 and Fios 33 and is streamed live www.Bronxnet.org.
- Tuesday, August 27 at 6:00 p.m.: East Harlem Preservation, Inc. and the Hunter College School of Social Work are hosting a District 8 City Council Candidate Forum on Affordable Housing. You must print a ticket in order to be admitted. RSVP here.
Wednesday, August 28 at 7:00 pm: The first official Republican Primary Mayoral Candidate forum will be Held at the CUNY Graduate Center and broadcast on CBS 2 News,WCBS Newsradio 880,1010 WINS, WLNY-TV 10/55, El Diario/La Prensa, Itv Gold, RTN.
- Wednesday, August 28 at 7:00 pm: Transportation Alternatives and other organizations are hosting a 34th District City Council Candidate Forum at a Bird River Studios on 343 Grand St (between Havemeyer and Marcy) in Williamsburg.
- Tuesday, September 3 at 7:00 pm: The second official Democratic Candidates Mayoral Primary Debate will be held at WNBC Studios. The debate will be broadcast on NBC 4 New York, WOR Radio, Telemundo Nueva York, and Radio Soleil.